Shayla and Mom spent most of the day yesterday at St. Al's for her ONE YEAR post-treatment scans! It is almost hard to believe one year of "cancer free" is behind us already!
It was one of those days that cancer survivors and their family don't really care to look forward to. Yes, we want the results, then again, what if.....
Before we even got home from the last bone scan the nurses over at MSTI called to let Jase know that the MRI, CAT and blood work all 'looked good'. Surprise! There are still some people who know that fast results and faster answers are appreciated! THANK YOU MSTI Pediatrics!
One scan was concerning...the bone scan. See, the tech called Shayla and me back to the x-ray room to look at her scan and told us that it appears her growth plates have all sealed up now. Big disappointment for Shayla because she was hoping to get taller than the 5'4" she is now. No luck! Then he (the tech) asked if she has been experiencing any pain in her right knee. It was bright on the scan and, well, it was suspicious. Yeah, she hurt it three weeks ago playing "capture the flag" with Young Women and Young Men at church--out in a field---in the dark! But, since we had a chiropractor give her an adjustment on that leg's fibula last weekend she has had no problems. Okay, now we wait for the radiologist to make his determination with that information.
So today, Shayla takes a call from Dr. Beck's office. Seems the CT scan revealed a sinus infection in Shayla's right sinus (the only one she has anymore!), so she now needs to take some mega antibiotics for a week, use a nasal steroid for 3 weeks, and (Shayla just informed me before going to bed) I need to call Dr. Beck's office to schedule a follow-up CT. Okay, now I am a little bit unnerved(that really seems like an oxymoron because it actually feels like more nerves have exploded in my stomach than being 'not' nerved!).
What does this mean?? I don't know. And, if I sit here and analyze it I will start to fear and tremble. I don't want to go there today. So, I will be on my knees with a specific cancer-free request to Heavenly Father again tonight. No, cancer is not treated with antibiotics, so that is good. It truly may be an infection, even though she has no indications to herself that an infection is there. I need to just go to bed!
As soon as I find my usb cord I will put up new pictures of Shayla!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!
Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007
Followers
Children's Hospital
Shayla's Nurses and Aids
- Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...
1 comment:
Anxiously awaiting results as well. My prayers will be for "No Cancer", "Normal results [as normal get's with Shayla]" and "Peace during the wait for the French Family". Love you!
Tammy
Post a Comment