It is April 16th, 2009. Eight days ago was the anniversary of receiving Shayla's diagnosis. I was about to say it was devastating, but it wasn't. At least, in retrospect I can say that now. Shayla is a healthy, vibrant, stubborn as ever, beautiful young woman who has walked through the Valley of the Shadow of Death and has risen above on angels' wings.
Sometimes I look at Shayla and remind myself of just how close we came to having our time here with her cut short. And then I am grateful. Grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed her to stay to teach me to be better; give me a chance to be the Mom she needs, as well as the rest of the kids. You know, the cliche's abound about how quickly time flies and how we will miss these days. It has been quite a couple of weeks as I have wrestled with myself. I have 7 beautiful children, 7!! What crazy parents would do such a thing, and how would a wise and loving God allow us fumblers to raise such wonderful, powerful spirits? God has to worry that we will screw things up more often than not! These kids of ours must truly be some of God's most choice if they are to survive the blunders of inept parents. Believe me, we are still trying to figure this out!
Shayla gave a talk on relying on and believing in Christ last Sunday at church. I will ask if it is okay for me to publish it on the blog for those who don't attend church with us. It is moments like this (I had to read the first half after church since I was doing potty training with Elloryn at the beginning of Shayla's talk) that my kids remind me that sometimes I am doing things right. But they also remind me that it is only sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!
Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007
Followers
Children's Hospital
Shayla's Nurses and Aids
- Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...
No comments:
Post a Comment