Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thank you, but No Visitors, Please...

Shayla had a very busy day at the hospital today with many people coming to visit. We are so humbled by and grateful for all the love many have shown to Shayla and the rest of our family. It does lift her spirits to know of all your concern.

That said, we ask for some space and time for Shayla. Please do not drop by the hospital or even at our home without calling first to see if Shayla is up to it. Her immune system is being brought down to almost nothing in order to kill the cancer cells. The chemotherapy she is receiving makes her very tired and weak. If she is not up to it, we will refuse the visit. BUT DON'T DESPAIR! You can leave her all kinds of messages of encouragement right on the blog (in the Guest Book) to read as she is up to it. Our NUMBER ONE priority will be Shayla's well-being, just as we are certain it is yours.

We truly feel blessed by the love surrounding Shayla and the rest of our family. Thank you so very much!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Anything at all, even doing some grocery shopping or washing your windows.

Brenda Barnard

Anonymous said...

Carmen and Jase,

The blog guest book does not seem to be working so I'm posting here. If you need me to fly out anytime during this process to take care of the daily concerns with the French Fries I will talk with my boss and see what I can work out to work remotely. Just say the word.

Love you all.
TLC


Shayla,

I'm so sorry that your body is being a bully right now. You've got the spunk in you Sweetie to fight right back and conquer! Remember that when you need an extra little something just know that it will come... I love you, Sweetheart.

TT


Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin

Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!

Dr. Chang poses with Shayla

Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!

Fifth Place

Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007

Followers


Shayla's Nurses and Aids

  • Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...