Thursday, April 24, 2008

All Systems Go

Shayla's lab work came back with positive results this morning: neutrophils are way up where they need to be, platelets are still strong, and everything looks good for starting her next round of chemo tomorrow.

We met Hayley today at the clinic. She is the hospital teacher. Seems nice. She will work with Shayla and her teachers to keep up on schoolwork-much to Shayla's chagrin! When I took her to school this afternoon I said, "I love you", and Shayla said "but not when you make me go to school." She was teasing, but I know it must be hard to come and go, but at least she is getting in some of her classes and she started catching up on her schoolwork.

No comments:


Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin

Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!

Dr. Chang poses with Shayla

Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!

Fifth Place

Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007

Followers


Shayla's Nurses and Aids

  • Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...