Thursday, May 28, 2009

Countdown to CowGIRL life!




We have been told, and the ranch has confirmed it for me personally, that we are actually heading out in 8 days for Shayla's Make-A-Wish trip to Rancho Cortez! It has been an interesting experience, this Wish trip for Shayla. I have never felt so 'in the dark' about a family excursion, so out of control of anything, and it is getting to be a bit unnerving. Apparently the TX office of Make-A-Wish is not getting 'the packet' to the Idaho office, so they can't tell us much from this end. I finally emailed the ranch myself earlier this week just to make sure we are actually expected there and if there are laundry facilities! Yes, they are expecting us, and yes, they have laundry facilities (phew! can you imagine 9 people on a dude ranch for a week with no way to launder???? That's way too much to pack!), I just need to bring my own detergent. That's fine. If I can't take it on the plane, I will find a Wal-Mart in San Antonio!








If I don't hear more definitive itinerary plans by tomorrow, I will be emailing the ranch with more questions (do they have internet so we can update the blog?), as well as finding out which airlines we are flying on. The one I was told last week doesn't even have a flight between Boise and San Antonio! We are apparently supposed to be at the airport by 6 am to leave at 7:30 next Saturday--Jase has to work the night before, so hopefully he will be able to get some sleep on the plane! I am now getting very tired just thinking about the prep I need to do to get us ready!


1 comment:

Shayla said...

I was reading a book and so i didn't want a picture
~Shayla


Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin

Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!

Dr. Chang poses with Shayla

Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!

Fifth Place

Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007

Followers


Shayla's Nurses and Aids

  • Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...