Last night (Wednesday, December 3rd)Shayla was able to go to Build-A-Bear and create another loveable plush as a gift from the company's CEO to Make-A-Wish kids here in the Boise area. Very nice, classy lady! Thanks Toreen! Three of Shayla's younger sisters came along to be a part of the excitement and they were ANGELS! Of course, I threatened them with the wrath of Mom if they should complain. Besides, we did get to see the REAL Santa Claus and he gave us all a cookie and candy cane--Mrs. Claus must have made the cookies, they were soft and chewy oatmeal raisin!
As you look at the pictures you will see that I failed to take an all important picture of Shayla with her finished created companion! I will have to get that one tomorrow before surgery if she lets me. I can tell you it is a cute floppy-eared dog she named "Angel".
It was great to be able to visit with some of the parents we have become acquainted with because of the cancer, and see that there are many fighting this monster together! It just makes me sad to see so many little ones going through such a tough time! The sibs, too are having a rough time of it and it is sometimes harder when the cancer-stricken child is getting lots of gifts and attention and they get nothing.
I had explained to Chelen that she was not to ask for a stuffed toy of her own, that Shayla was getting this because of the hard time cancer has been for her, etc. Later, when Mariah started to whine, just a little, Chelen repeated to her what I had said earlier. She gets it. Maybe doesn't like the idea at all, but Chelen gets that cancer is far worse than not getting a stuffed Build-A-Bear. Mariah and Elloryn, on the other hand...well in Elloryn's case at least, let's just say that Two is a hard age already and being in the stuffed bear store and not allowed to take a bear home like all the other kids she sees, well that just is more injustice than one little girl can handle. Luckily she had her melt-down, throw herself down on the floor and wail episode as we were finishing up with the store clerk!
Lucky for Elloryn Santa was way down at the other end of the mall (at least a half-mile walk, no kidding!), he may know when we are 'bad or good', but he also knows when it's just too much to deal with anymore.
I remember many days like that. Too much to handle. No more today, Lord, please. I said that occasionally. Now I look back and realize I truly had it easy. How much did HE carry for me so I could breathe a little bit? I am afraid to find out when I meet Him at His throne. I am thankful He is willing to, and already has compensated for my weaknesses in spirit as well as body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!
Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007
Followers
Children's Hospital
Shayla's Nurses and Aids
- Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...
No comments:
Post a Comment