Shayla is officially a 'Courageous Cancer Kidz" calendar girl! A fellow cancer kidz' mom has recently started a foundation to assist families dealing with cancer as they go through the ordeal. The calendar is the first fundraiser and awareness campaign initiative for the organization and Shayla was asked if she would like to participate. Surprisingly she agreed. I am so thrilled because now we will have a nice picture of her instead of her hiding her face every time I try to take a photo of her! I will get the information posted as soon as I get it so you can order your own copy of the calendar. There are (unfortunately due to the reason for inclusion!) a few of our friends also on the calendar--but so cute and handsome! Little Olive is there, Kade is too, and Shayla gets to be "July", her b-day month. How awesome is that?!
I have discovered from Oive's blog that "I can take pre-orders from anyone interested in having one of these calendars. It features ten kids who are currently battling cancer, and sadly two girls who have passed on this year" (thanks for the info Camille!). I believe the photos are all in Black and White. Wait 'til you see the pictures.They are wonderful! We had a hard time narrowing down our choices for the calendar.
I have more fun stuff to post on the blog...you'll have to wait until I get a bit of sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shayla and Elloryn with Make-A-Wish CEO Toreen
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Shayla, everyday, every minute, remember that there are many people all over this country who believe about you the same thing Christopher Robin believed about Pooh! AND, we all love you more!!
Dr. Chang poses with Shayla
Happy Halloween, Shayla!
Fifth Place
4-H competition in Brainerd, MN 2007
Followers
Children's Hospital
Shayla's Nurses and Aids
- Bobbi,Sharon, Jim, Kelli, Kim, Jenna, Kelci, Scott, Ben,Mary, Mary D.,Kelly, Barbara, Nick, Elizabeth, Kate, Mandie, Meredyth, ETC...
No comments:
Post a Comment